Spence White did much to make INFOhio possible. As an ITC Director, Spence recognized very early on how the Ohio Education Computer Network could support INFOhio's vision of providing equal access to information resources to all Ohio students and teachers. Spence believed wholeheartedly in INFOhio’s goals, and he worked tirelessly to make INFOhio a reality after he retired as a Director.
While he is no longer with us, we celebrate his legacy and hold it as a standard of excellence as we move forward. We do that by recognizing the tireless efforts of others to make Spence’s vision a reality.
The Spence White Service Award seeks to recognize exemplary service provided to the INFOhio community by ITC personnel. The recipient demonstrates a dedication to the vision of INFOhio and outstanding support for the delivery of the INFOhio project.
The recipient will be recognized during the MCOECN Membership meeting with the presentation of a commemorative memento.
The Service Award recipient is selected by an ad hoc awards committee appointed by the INFOhio Advisory Board. Appropriate timelines for the nomination and selection process are established by the committee with the INFOhio central office.
The Spence White Service Award recipient is selected from ITC personnel who:
- Are nominated by a member of the INFOhio community: library media specialists, ITC personnel, teachers, and administrators. Submitted nomination forms must comply with the timelines established by the selection committee.
- Are currently employed by an ITC or have been so employed within the last year.
- Deliver exemplary service to the INFOhio project.
- Include at least two letters of support from an ITC colleague or a library media specialist.
- Have not previously received the Spence White Service Award.
The deadline for nominations for the next award is Friday, February 26, 2021. Please download the Spence White Service Award nomination form. Complete the form and save it with your nominee's name in the filename. Send your completed nomination form and supporting documents attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and mail the completed form and supporting documents to the INFOhio office.