End of Year Tasks
The end of the school year is rapidly approaching. Here’s a few things you should do before summer.
End of Year tasks:
- Get your books back - You’ll find a nice variety of overdue and active loan reports in Reports > Favorite Reports > Circulation.
- Declare items lost - Don’t wait until the last week of school. Declare long overdue items lost so students have time to locate them or bring you the fee.
- Database cleanup - Favorite Reports has a whole section on this. The Shelflist Multipurpose explains how to create a spreadsheet and use various sort options to identify missing, lost, and intransit items. Clean them up. If you have time, clean up those funky call numbers too.
- Fines - Fines stay on a student’s record forever. Determine your district’s policy on fines, and if appropriate forgive any small ones, especially if students will be going to a different building next year.
- Discarded items - If you’ve been weeding throughout the year and changing items’ status to Discard, notify your ITC’s INFOhio provider. They will delete the items from your database for you.