Updates to Research 4 Success
INFOhio's Research 4 Success (R4S) has been revised and updated, just in time for second semester research projects.
INFOhio's R4S is a set of online learning modules, centered around the six dimensions of inquiry, that work best in a blended learning environment. The modules may be used together or individually, and are designed to be facilitated by a teacher in conjunction with a research project. R4S meets standards requirements related to project based learning, research, and information literacy within any discipline. Upon completion of R4S students will have the skills to conduct research successfully in college and careers.
The R4S updates are based on feedback from the May 2017 R4S Survey. These changes keep R4S fresh and appropriate for College Credit Plus students as well as high school juniors and seniors and college freshmen.
- The number of sections within each module have been streamlined from six to three: Learn, Practice, Master. These sections focus more on the research process and less on introducing students to a variety of web tools.
- Learn includes an introduction, learning objectives, and learning content (videos, articles, games).
- Practice includes learning activities based on the objectives and content.
- Master includes application of learned content to a research project or problem and a brief self-assessment.
- The Flash-based Vokis have been removed.
- The Teacher Guide has been moved from LiveBinders to Google Docs. Google integration ideas are included in the Teacher Guide.
- Suggestions for related web tools are included in the Teacher Guide so the teacher can decide which tools will best fit the project goals.
- The Teacher Guide includes suggestions for teacher and librarian collaboration and co-teaching.
Find a link to Research 4 Success in the quicklinks menu at the bottom of most INFOhio web pages. You can share R4S and other INFOhio resources that support research instruction with your colleagues by sending them a link to the Research Matters flyer.
If you are looking for the previous version of R4S (now called Legacy R4S), click the Legacy R4S Course button in the upper right corner of r4s.infohio.org. The Legacy R4S Course will remain accessible until the end of June 2019.
If you have questions about R4S, contact us at support.infohio.org.