Become a Digital Learning Expert with the New Success in Six
The new Success in Six (success.infohio.org) is a self-paced online learning program that shows you the latest ways to use digital resources to support 1:1, blended learning, personalized learning, differentiation, and a host of other student needs. It is offered at no charge to any Ohio educator—teachers, librarians, tech coordinators, administrators —from INFOhio, Ohio's PreK-12 digital library.
Each module contains an overview to bring you up to speed on the topic and then guides you to sites and tools to explore more deeply. It finishes with activities that let you practice new skills.
You can complete one or all of the modules in any order:
- Develop Your Research Toolkit—Use online research to develop more than cut-and-paste skills. Use it to develop critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills by using the techniques in this module.
- Learn to Search Effectively—Are you tired of your students finding the top three hits on Google and calling it a search well done? Then try the techniques in this module to give them insider tips on more effective search techniques that will save them time and make them look like research experts.
- Discover High Quality STEAM Resources—Ohio educators have access to thousands of diagrams, videos, virtual experiments, and articles that support science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math topics. Learn ways to incorporate them in the classroom with this module.
- Engage Your Students with Reading Resources—We all tend to skim when we read online, yet we ask our students to read more and take more tests online than ever before. This module gives you techniques for helping students read deeply and comprehend more using INFOhio's online text.
- Find Free Content for Your Blended or Flipped Classroom— Learn easy ways to integrate INFOhio’s free digital content into many learning management systems (LMS) for blended learning while developing new techniques to personalize learning for your students.
- Explore INFOhio’s Differentiation Tools—Discover innovative techniques for using digital tools to help students learn wherever they are and whatever their needs.