Participate in the INFOhio District/Building ICoach Program starting Fall 2017
Please complete the following steps to apply to be an INFOhio District/Building ICoach starting Fall 2017.
- Application: Read the information about requirements and benefits listed below. Then, complete the October 2017 District/Building ICoach Application Form.
- Request for Recommendation: Send this recommendation link to a reference of your choice. Ask them to complete the form online by October 25th. ITC Providers, regional ICoaches, building principals or district supervisors are all acceptable as references.
October 2017 INFOhio District/Building ICoach Information
Purpose: The INFOhio District/Building ICoach trains people within their building or district to integrate INFOhio digital resources effectively into their classrooms. The INFOhio District/Building ICoach also encourages educators to develop instructional strategies through using INFOhio resources. The value-added rationale for becoming an INFOhio District/Building ICoach is the ability to encourage “engaging and relevant” learning in their district or building by using the INFOhio digital learning resources. See the text of the District/Building ICoach invitation letter below.
Recommendation Process: Interested individuals will provide a recommendation from either their ITC Provider, Regional ICoach, building principal, or district supervisor speaking to the applicant's knowledge and usage of INFOhio’s tools and resources with teachers, students, and parents.
To the District/Building ICoach:
- Certification as an authorized INFOhio trainer after completion of required training that can be used to demonstrate professional learning growth.
- First notification about INFOhio tools and resources.
- Connection to the online learning community of INFOhio trainers to share ideas and training resources.
To the District:
- Access to a local trainer for professional development on INFOhio tools and resources and on incorporating technology in the classroom.
- Ease of scheduling with a local trainer for professional development.
- Knowledge growth through sharing in the online learning community for INFOhio trainers.
Selected applicants will participate in a self-paced, online course including webinars and learning modules. Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance for 15 hours of training. The course and webinars will cover critical District/Building ICoach topics:
- Getting to Know INFOhio.
- INFOhio resources.
- INFOhio tools—integrating the learning with the resources.
District/Building ICoach will be re-certified each year through a training webinar held in August prior to the new school year.
Expectations of October District/Building ICoach trainees
- Complete at least one training during the remainder of the 2017-18 school year in their district, which can include parents.
- Report training dates and numbers of participants to INFOhio.
- Participate in an INFOhio ICoach online learning community to share ideas with other District/Building ICoach members.
- Provide their own handouts and contact hour certificates for their participants.
Preferred Qualifications for District/Building ICoaches
- Current teaching license and/or library media experience preferred and experience with technology teaching strategies.
- Understanding of key learning theories and methods of instruction and their relation to technology integration.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Ohio Learning Standards and digital learning environments that encourages creative and independent use of instructional technology.
- Ability to encourage the use of INFOhio resources by staff and students through student-centered, constructivist methods.
- Ability to assist teachers in knowing which INFOhio electronic resource or interactive tool supports specific educational goals, as well as which ones provide support in using technology effectively on a daily basis.
- Authorization of Superintendent/District Supervisor or Building Principal.
***Trainers are solely responsible for determining the day, time and provision of a facility for their trainings. INFOhio will not pay for a trainer stipend, computer lab, travel or other expense or liability, which may be incurred through offering this instruction.
Dear INFOhio Supporter,
For the first time, the successful INFOhio District/Building ICoach program is starting a fall application cycle. INFOhio is looking for energetic individuals employed within Ohio school buildings and districts to join the 271-member INFOhio District/Building ICoach (D/B ICoach) team. This team supports the teaching and learning of INFOhio resources while strengthening the technology skills of students, teachers, and staff. Individuals accepted to be part of the Fall 2017 INFOhio D/B ICoach team will be trained, at no charge, to help their peers incorporate INFOhio resources and other digital tools successfully in the classroom.
One of last year's D/B ICoaches was thrilled to be a part of the District/Building ICoach program:
"I am so thankful for the chance to serve as a Building ICoach. It was exciting to see teachers at other buildings learn what INFOhio could do to help them in their day to day classroom!"
If you are interested in becoming a part of the District/Building ICoach team, please complete the online application. Feel free to forward this information to colleagues who may be interested in applying, or better yet, nominate them yourself! You can find the program guidelines, online recommendation form, and application at https://www.infohio.org/educators/pd/icoach-program/dbicoach-fy18.
INFOhio will be accepting applications through Wednesday, October 25, 2017. Notification of acceptance into the District/Building ICoach program will be confirmed by October 30, 2017. Training to become a D/B ICoach is through a self-paced, 15-contact hour, online course which allows flexibility for the trainee. Accepted applicants can begin the course on November 1, 2017, and must finish by January 16, 2017. There is no charge for the course – it is provided for free by INFOhio.
Theresa M. Fredericka, Director
1500 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43221