Spence White Service Award
The INFOhio Spence White Service Award seeks to recognize exemplary service provided to the INFOhio community by ITC personnel. The recipient will demonstrate a dedication to the vision of INFOhio and outstanding support for the delivery of the INFOhio project.
Spence White did much to make INFOhio possible. As an ITC Director, Spence recognized very early on how the Ohio Education Computer Network could support INFOhio's vision of providing equal access to information resources to all Ohio students and teachers. Spence believed wholeheartedly in INFOhio’s goals, and he worked tirelessly to make INFOhio a reality after he retired as a Director.
While he is no longer with us, we celebrate his legacy and hold it as a standard of excellence as we move forward. We do that by recognizing the tireless efforts of others to make Spence’s vision a reality.
Please consider nominating an ITC employee you believe should be recognized for his or her efforts in support of INFOhio.
The recipient will be recognized during the morning session and keynote address of the Ohio Educational Technology Conference (OETC), on Thursday, February 15, 2018.
The Service Award recipient is selected by an ad hoc awards committee appointed by the INFOhio Governing Advisory Board. Appropriate timelines for the nomination and selection process are established by the committee with the INFOhio central office.
The INFOhio Spence White Service Award recipient is selected from those nominees who:
- Are nominated by a member of the INFOhio community: library media specialists, ITC personnel, teachers, and administrators. Submitted nomination forms must comply with the timelines established by the selection committee.
- Are currently employed by an ITC or have been so employed within the last year.
- Deliver exemplary service to the INFOhio project.
- Include at least one letter of support from an ITC colleague or a library media specialist.
- Have not previously received the Spence White Service Award.
The deadline for nominations for the next award is Friday, December 8, 2017. Spence White Service Award nomination form.