INFOhio has prepared these general materials to assist anyone considering automating with SirsiDynix, INFOhio's library automation software. One of the first steps to take is to contact your region's ITC provider. Most ITCs have additional planning guides to assist their customers, including any specific equipment recommendations.
Products & Services for Fee or Free
- ChiliFresh Review Engine - Allows students and teachers to add their own book reviews to local CAT and CAT Jr. library catalogs. Sign-up form.
- OhioNET - Training and library products - INFOhio's OhioNET Premium Membership extends to all Ohio K-12 Libraries
- RACO - Equipment Vendor (barcode scanners, printers, etc.)
- CREW: A Weeding Method for Modern Libraries. Texas State Library and Archives Commission.
- Weeding Library Collections: A Selected Annotated Bibliography for Library Collection Evaluation - ALA Library Fact Sheet Number 15.
- Allen, Melissa. "Weed 'Em and Reap: The Art of Weeding to Avoid Criticism." Library Media Connection, vol. 28, no. 6, 01 May 2010, pp. 32-33. (Must be logged in with INFOhio username and password.)
- McCracken, B. J. "The Statistical and Philosophical Art behind Elegant Collection Management." Library Media Connection, vol. 32, no. 4, Jan/Feb2014, pp. 46-47. (Must be logged in with INFOhio username and password.)
ITC Service Providers: Directory
School Library Online Catalogs: Directory