Online Safety Training
INFOhio is pleased to announce that Learning.com’s EasyTech Online Safety curriculum is available free to all Ohio K-12 public and private schools for the 2016-17 school year, thanks to funding through the Ohio Department of Education.
For general information about meeting CIPA/E-RATE requirements with the curriculum, see the overview on Learning.com’s page. To see a list of the topics covered for each grade band, read the 2-page PDF, How EasyTech Meets E-Rate Online Safety Requirements.
- Easy Tech’s Online Safety curriculum exceeds CIPA and E-Rate Internet safety training requirements and makes reporting compliance easy.
- The curriculum takes a positive, not fear-based, approach built on current research to help students learn appropriate online behavior.
- The Digital Citizenship App is an easy-to-implement solution recommended for grades 6-9 that provides quick instruction on online safety, ethical use of digital resources, and cyberbullying through three engaging lessons and a quiz. The App’s self-registration and self-paced instructional model is ideal for districts with a BYOD or 1:1 programs and those that want to reinforce the most critical areas of online safety instruction.
- The web-based program comes with its own learning management system to handle assessment and record keeping.
- The curriculum also contains numerous resources for teachers and parents.
What Your School/District Needs to Do:
|#1||Assign a school or district coordinator to register at the Learning.com/ohio page to receive online access to the learning management system and the curriculum. Anyone can fill that role, but it’s helpful if the coordinator is someone who is comfortable working with technology and spreadsheets. To get a head start, watch this 30 minute video of one of last year’s training webinars.|
Register for training.
INFOhio is offering face-to-face, hands-on workshops at different locations around the state. By the end of the training, you will be able to:
More to come...
Preparing Students for Positive Online Behavior: Integrating Learning.com's Digital Content in K-8 Classrooms. Presented September 8, 2016, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Online training and recordings are available at Learning.com's training site. (When registering, use the drop-down arrows beside the name of each course to see all the times it's offered.)