What Stays the Same When Everything Else Changes?
Six tips to start the school year right from INFOhio ILibrarian, Emily Rozmus. As posted to the OELMA BLOG on Wednesday, 14 October 2015.
With each new school year, teachers, parents, administrators and educational staff are bombarded with something new. Often there are several new somethings: curriculum, software, guidelines, processes, rules, systems. Despite the many changes, there is one constant - something that never gets old, even when compared to the new. Can you guess what that is?
INFOhio’s back-to-school goals are aligned closely to the changes happening in districts across the state. Going 1:1? Here are the digital resources you need to help, and here’s how you can add our resources’ widgets to your learning management system. Switching to BYOD? Our site is mobile friendly and you can create bookmarks on your mobile devices. Maker spaces or STEM-driven? Check out our tools to help you get the movement going. Here at INFOhio, we are dedicated to making the task easier, the search shorter and the planning smoother. Here are just a few tips to help you deal with everything new:
- Use our Instructional Bags as sub plans or for blizzard bags. They’re all aligned to Ohio’s Learning Standards for maximum student learning.
- Put the ISearch widget on your district website, and on teacher websites. It will lead students to reliable sources from multiple databases.
- Use Science Online’s virtual experiments for blended learning. Students can do experiments from the safety of their own homes and discuss what they learned in class.
- Hold a College and Career Readiness night at your school. Use INFOhio’s Guides as a resource to get your students on the right path.
- Tackle online testing skills with our helpful Pearltree. Choose a different skill daily and let your students strengthen their digital literacy.
- Use BookFlix in your literacy centers. This fun reading interface will increase student engagement and enjoyment of reading.
Have you figured out what stays the same no matter what changes? Take a look at the tips above. Who is the group mentioned every time? Students! More specifically - students’ learning. No matter what learning management system your district chooses, no matter how staff is evaluated, no matter what devices your district uses, one thing stays the same: We are here for students. Period. INFOhio is proud to provide you and your learners with the resources and tools that will enable all districts meet this goal. Have a great year!
INFOhio ILibrarian - Emily Rozmus on behalf of INFOhio