ISearch, the BLUEcloud OPAC and discovery interface, is your school library + INFOhio. ISearch received a facelift this summer, and this fall it will get even better!
ISearch lets you explore the contents of your school library along with multiple collections of magazines and journals, newspapers, reports, primary sources, encyclopedias, videos, and eBooks—reliable content that isn't available on the open web—from a single search box.
You will notice these ISearch enhancements in August:
- Your OPAC welcome page has been updated, balancing ISearch with Cat Jr.
- The My Library tab is more prominent, highlighting items curated by your school librarian to meet the learning needs of your students.
- Results on the My Library tab now default to display the more graphical thumbnail view, making ISearch more user-friendly for students of all ages. If you prefer the list view, your school librarian can work with your INFOhio Provider to set library-level display preferences.
Later this fall, you can look forward to more ISearch enhancements:
- On the My Library tab, item availability will be displayed on the first screen in all views to let your students know right away if the book they want is on the shelf.
- Limiters that appear along the left side of the My Library tab will be reordered with the most important limiters appearing closer to the top of the page.
- New limiters for reading program and reading level will appear along the left side of the My Library tab.
Also coming this fall, INFOhio is launching two classes in the INFOhio Learning Pathways to help you and your colleagues make the most of ISearch:
- In the new BLUEcloud Learning Pathway, ISearch: BLUEcloud OPAC and Patron Discovery will help school library staff learn how to use ISearch effectively, make ISearch easily accessible to students and colleagues, and teach others how to use ISearch effectively.
- In the new Building Your Digital Curriculum with INFOhio OER Learning Pathway, ISearch for Teachers will help you use ISearch to find resources for students and teach students to use ISearch for their research.
- The Educator Guide to ISearch has been discontinued, but you will find content from that guide and much more in the new classes.
If you have questions, contact us at support.infohio.org.