INFOhio offers free, online classes on how to use technology and digital resources in teaching and learning. INFOhio has added two additional options to the classes already available for Ohio Approved credit. Now, early educators who wish to fulfill requirements for their Professional Development Certificate can register for six classes in the Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Association's (OCCRRA) Ohio Professional Registry (OPR).
The two classes added to OCCRRA's OPR are:
- Introduction to INFOhio—Learn more about INFOhio, Ohio's PreK-12 Digital Library, with a wealth of resources available at no cost to Ohio students, parents, and educators. This class will help participants navigate the website and identify resources with digital content and web tools to support Ohio's Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Highlights Library—Learn more about Highlights Library, eBooks provided at no cost to Ohio schools by INFOhio. This class will help educators learn how to use the resource in the classroom to support literacy and general knowledge standards and promote its use at home to engage families.
These classes join four other INFOhio Ages 3-5 Digital Content Learning Pathway classes already available in OCCRRA's OPR:
- BookFlix from INFOhio—Learn how to navigate this eBook platform and integrate the pairs of fiction and nonfiction titles into classroom instruction. This resource also includes games, supplemental websites, and lesson plans to support literacy and other content areas.
- World Book Early Learning from INFOhio—Learn how to navigate World Book Early Learning and integrate its content into instruction. This resource includes eBooks, games, and videos for students in grades PreK-3.
- INFOhio Using Technology with Early Learners—Learn research-based strategies and practices to safely use digital media for early learning.
- INFOhio Early Learning Portal Class— Learn how to use the collection of over 50 freely available websites and apps aligned with the Ohio Early Learning and Development Standards. These quality resources were chosen and evaluated by early learning professionals to support children ages 3-5 as they prepare for Kindergarten and beyond.
For more information on each class and how to register, visit our Ohio Approved Professional Development page.
If you have any questions about INFOhio Professional Development, please contact INFOhio at support.infohio.org.