Take a moment to tell us how you use INFOhio yourself or how you have shared INFOhio with others.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on INFOhio's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- download videos for more than 45 days from INFOhio's digital video collection (DVC); or
- distribute or publish the INFOhio username and password in print or electronic form to non-Ohio individuals or organizations; or
- participate in any illegal or otherwise inappropriate communication or activity while using any INFOhio site, resource or tool; or
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by INFOhio at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on INFOhio's web site are provided "as is". INFOhio makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, INFOhio does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall INFOhio or its member organizations be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on INFOhio's Internet site, even if INFOhio or a INFOhio authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
While INFOhio makes every attempt to maintain the accuracy and currency of all content contained on the INFOhio web site, material appearing on INFOhio's web site and content delivered via any of INFOhio's subscription resources he materials appearing on INFOhio's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. INFOhio may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. INFOhio does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials on specified schedule.
INFOhio has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by INFOhio of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to INFOhio's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
9. Surveys, Contests, Promotions and Challenges
On occasion, INFOhio will conduct Surveys, Contests, Promotions and/or Challenges. Such events may require collection of personal information as required to fulfill the purpose of said event. All such information will not be used for any purpose other than the even for which the information was submitted. The following are restrictions for participation in INFOhio events:
- INFOhio employees, volunteers and their organizations and families are not eligible for to receive any item or reward resulting from participation in an INFOhio event.
- Only Ohio residents are eligable to win an INFOhio contest or event.
- Donations to INFOhio are not permitted in relation to any INFOhio contest.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- INFOhio may publish information you post on any INFOhio site including the 21st Century Learning Commons, the Knowledge Building Community, the INFOhio web site and on contest and feedback sites. INFOhio will disclose when and what type of information will be publicly published prior to you submitting such content. Depending on the purpose of the site, the publishing of such information may be a requirement for participation in the event for which the site is purposed.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.